Sunday, September 5, 2010

Salthill

Hello! Lucky ducks, you all get two posts in a row! I'm sure this will be infrequent once school starts and we start traveling.

Yesterday was very fun!  We all went to Salthill which is about a 25 minute walk from our apartment.  It's beautiful!  We waded in the ocean (freeeeezing!) and sat on the beach.  Then we strolled along the coast and got some ice cream.  There is also an aquarium and famine memorial at Salthill, but we didn't go to those yet.  We thought we'd save them for another time.
The very beautiful coast =)

These are all international students that are in Dunaras with Katie and I. Sooo nice.

After Salthill, Katie and I hosted dinner in our apartment.  Michelle (from Illinois), Jess (Canada), Jessica (California), and Maeve (Boston) all came over for dinner.  Katie and I supplied drinks, salad, and fruit salad.  The others brought yummy pasta.  It was a nice little family din din.

I also finally took pictures of our apartment.  It's really actually quite nice.  Katie and I share a room, and it's pretty big.  We also have our own bathroom.  Chiara and Margherita (our roommates from Italy) share a room right across from ours.  There is also a single downstairs, and a girl from New York, Jessica, has that one.  The living area/kitchen is also downstairs.  Here's a little tour!

This is my side.  Of course I have tie dye sheets, and a ton of pictures!  Katie and I also share a long desk, but it's nice because we each have tons of room!  I also have a large closet and storage below my bed.

This is our living room.  The dining room is in front of it, and that is connected to the kitchen.  It's basically all one area.

This is the kitchen.  It's pretty nice.  However, the fridge/freezer are wayyy too small for 5 people. 

We also have a nice little balcony.  Our apartment is in the international section, so we're with people from all over. It's really fun, and I'm having a blast with everyone!

Today we are meeting at the university and going on a walking tour of Galway.  We're going to learn about some history and visit the olddd St. Nicholas's Cathedral.  It should be a good time.

Update soon! <333
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment