Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Finally Here!

Hello! I am writing this in Galway!

So today was fun...kind of.  My parents dropped me off at Katies, and we left for the Philadelphia Airport.  We get there, and Continental's international clearence system was down, so we waited for about a half hour, and then finally manually checked us in.  They didn't weigh my bags either--thank goodness.  So we went through security and connected successfully.  Our flight got into Shannon around 6:30 am their time, so we were about a half hour ahead of schedule.  We stood in line for immigration for over an hour, and the immigration officer asked what I studied, and I said economics, and he replied "Dont' work for a bank and I'll let you in".--very interesting.

Now having two 50 pound bags, and 30 pound carryon, and a 15 pound purse was quite a challenge.  Needless to say, something was bound to happen.  They didnt' have steps for one portion of the staircase (the rest was escalators) so I decided to just kinda plop my carryon down the 7 steps.  Bad idea.  The pully handle breaks...but I kept my cool and kept truckin.  Other than that everything was fine.  We took a bus to Galway and then a taxi to our apartments.

Our actual apartment isnt ready yet, so we're in a temporary one.  So nothing is unpacked or organized.  So we then decided to hit the town and buy cell phones and grab some lunch.  I have a little pay as you go phone, and now know which busses to take into/out of town.  Productive day!

Galway is so cute and quaint...and everyone is friendly.  So it's been a good time so far! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment